Arthur Ransome’s Nancy Blackett will be having an open day on Saturday 9th June as part of Woolverstone Marina Day.
Visitors will be able to explore the “Swallows and Amazons” author’s favourite yacht, take home souvenirs from the Nancy Blackett stall and meet Nancy Blackett Trust President Peter Willis.
Other activities and attractions planned for the day include:
- rides around Woolverstone marina aboard its water taxi Tern
- displays about the Woolverstone Project and Shearwater Sailing School
- Man Overboard demonstrations and a RNLI lifejacket clinic
- cream teas aboard the sailing barge Victor
- food stands and gin tasting from the Suffolk Distillery
- tours of the new Woolverstone Marina Lodge Park
Woolverstone Marina Day is on Saturday 9th June from 10am to 4pm. There is plenty of free parking at the marina, while Ipswich Buses route 97 (from Ipswich to Shotley Gate) stops on the B1456 at the entrance to Marina Road every 90 minutes. The Orwell riverside path also passes through the marina.