A monthly roundup of upcoming Swallow and Amazons-related events for April sees a variety of happenings as listed below:
- April 4th – 6:30-8pm: A free Arthur Ransome Talk in Ambleside: “Arthur Ransome and the Lake District as PlaySpace” is a free public talk as part of the University of Cumbria’s Cultural Landscapes series, given by Professor Sally Bushell (Lancaster University). Details and reservations here.
- April 13th: An Arthur Ransome Society visit to Coldharbour Mill, Devon: Membership is required. Event information here.
- April 22nd: An Arthur Ransome Society visit to Rugby School, Warwickshire: Membership is required. Event information here.
- Sailing trips on Arthur Ransome’s Nancy Blackett: Bookings for the sailing season are now open for members of the Nancy Blackett Trust. Details here.
- Swallows and Amazons cruises are available on the Coniston Launch: Available every Monday and Wednesday from April 10th to September 17th. Details here.
- View Mavis (the inspiration for Amazon) at the Ruskin Museum in Coniston: Open daily. Details here.
- View the Swallow and Amazon boats from the 2016 film at the Windermere Jetty Museum: Open daily. More information here.
- View the Photographic Exhibition about Arthur Ransome’s Selina King at Pin Mill: Enquire to confirm opening times. Details here.
Information about additional events will be added to the events page when available.